Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Amosun vs Adesegun: APC feigning ignorance of my plight

By Daud Olatunji
ABEOKUTA—Ogun State Deputy Governor, Prince Segun Adesegun yesterday, insisted that the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was aware of the ill treatment he is subjected to by Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

Adesegun who spoke on the telephone, described the content of his letter that chronicled Amosun’s alleged maltreatment against him as a tip of the iceberg.

Adesegun while reacting to a claim by National Publicity Secretary of the party, Lai Mohammed that the party was not aware of the content of his letter, said the party knew he was being maltreated but might not know the depth of his challenges.

He said: “He (Lai Muhammed) is my friend, whatever he says, I will accept. If he says I didn’t send the letter to the national leadership of the party, I will accept.

“The letter was meant for the governor and I copied all members of the Ogun State House of Assembly, copied the three Senators, seven members of the House of Representatives, our leader, Chief Olusegun Osoba and Alhaji Tajudeen Bello, former State Interim Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC. I copied the state chairman, Alhaji Roqeeb Adeniji, Chief Olu Agemo and Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso and other leaders of the party.

“Three of them were in my house when we accepted Amosun into our party. I was the deputy national Treasurer of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria and also the Youth Leader under Chief Bisi Akande’s leadership.

“I didn’t copy the national leadership of the party because there is nothing in the letter that the national leadership did not know about. They may not know the depth but they can’t claim ignorance of the way I am being treated by the governor.

“If I knew that the letter would get to the press, I would have revealed more.”

Adesegun had written a 10-paragraph letter dated October 24, 2014 to the governor where he accused among other things, of starving his office of funds and allocating old vehicles for his use.

He claimed that the governor had failed to deliver on his promise that he would enjoy his tenure as the deputy governor during electioneering in 2011 under the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/aamosun-vs-adesegun-apc-feigning-ignorance-plight-ogun-dep-gov/#sthash.TR6kePUo.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum