Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Seventh Europa League title for Sevilla after penalty shootout win over Roma

3ulhmdp8k2l1.jpg

Sevilla beat AS Roma 4-1 on penalties Wednesday to win the Europa League for a record-extending seventh time, handing Jose Mourinho his first defeat in six European finals. Five months after scoring the winning penalty in the World Cup final for Argentina, Gonzalo Montiel converted the clinching spot kick to seal the shootout win after the match finished 1-1 following extra time in Budapest, Hungary.
Sevilla has won their seventh Europa League title after a dramatic penalty shootout victory over Roma. The match, which had already seen Sevilla come from behind to draw level at 1-1, went to a penalty shootout in which Sevilla keeper Yassine Bono proved to be the hero. Bono saved two of Roma’s penalties, while Sevilla converted all of theirs to secure the win. It marks the first time in history that a team has won seven consecutive Europa League titles. Sevilla had previously won the competition in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
This victory further cements Sevilla’s place as one of the most successful teams in European football. It is the club’s sixth major European trophy in the last 10 years, a remarkable record for the Andalusian club. The victory caps off a remarkable season for Sevilla, in which they also reached the semi-finals of the Champions League and finished fourth in La Liga. The celebration of this historic victory will undoubtedly go down in the annals of Sevilla’s history, and the club’s fans are sure to be delighted with this remarkable achievement.
The win means Sevilla, who have never lost a Europa League final, will compete in next season's Champions League despite finishing outside the top four in the LaLiga. Sevilla's Erik Lamela, who played for Roma from 2011 to 2013, said: "It was a very difficult match, against my former team. I love them very much, but football is like that. This is my first title; I've waited a lot and I'm so excited. "Maybe it wasn't our best match, but I think we deserved for the effort made this year. The team has never stopped."
Don't just watch the game - bet on it and make it more exciting! iLOT BET offers a wide range of betting options and the chance to win big. Join ILOT now and start betting like a pro

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum