Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Education Scholarship that covers flight tickets, tuition and pays about $1500 monthly allowance.

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
edited August 2016 in Education
Nigeria news, Nigeria forum

Sorry this premium article is only for registered signed-in members of Naijanetwork forum.

If you are already a member, click SIGN-IN to login. You will see and read this important article after signing in.

If you are not yet a member, click REGISTER . You will see and read this important article after registering.

Comments

• ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2016
    Monthly stipend is listed on the article above.
    • 2 years for masters program
    • 3 years for PhD program.
    For married applications with kids; Japanese government will allow you to bring your direct relatives - wife and kids to join you while you study in Japan. If you successfully finish your masters, you can continue with PhD under the same scholarship. After your PhD, you can apply for post-doctoral research in USA, Germany, Britain, Canada, Australia, even Japan or any part of the world. So feel free to apply.
  • Please tell me the latest scholarship which are available for law students who wish to do theirs masters program in overseas.ASAP
    edited May 2016
    Emmanuel said:

Please tell me the latest scholarship which are available for law students who wish to do theirs masters program in overseas.ASAP

@Emmanuel. I have no clue about foreign scholarship program for law students. I will suggest that you start a new question on this forum so that people can reply and answer your question. Hopefully, someone knows a good international scholarship program for law students.
  • EmmanuelEmmanuel Posts: 34
    edited May 2016
    Please how long will it take one to learn Japanees language in order to assist one expedite ones study?
    edited May 2016
    Emmanuel said:

Please how long will it take one to learn japanees language in order to assist one expedite ones study?
    The scholarship program is done in English so you don't necessarily need Japanese language to study. However, I recommended that you learn Japanese language in other to enjoy your stay in Japan, and maybe get a professional job after graduation. Adding Japanese language into your portfolio will definitely pay off in future.
  • Please I studied mathematics, any scholarship for mathematics?
    edited May 2016
    gozibeth said:

Please i studied mathematics, any scholarship for mathematics?

If you are interested in leaving mathematics, then applied for masters in Applied physics or any of the engineering of your choice. Give it a trial, you might be selected for the scholarship.
  • femajfemaj Posts: 1
    how can i get application form
    edited May 2016
    femaj said:

how can i get application form

Register on this forum to download the flyer and brochure for the program. The documents are attached to this forum but only downloaded to login forum users. From the brochure you will know what to do next and details on how to apply for the scholarship. Good luck.
    edited October 2014
    @femaj - I can see you have already registered. Please read the brochure and flyer for more details on how to apply for the scholarship. Let me know if you have more question.
  • chibogujchiboguj Posts: 3
    Pls I will like to know if the application is still valid for one to apply
    edited May 2016
    chiboguj said:
    The admission deadline is November 15th for October 1st enrollment. So make sure you submit your application before the deadline, November 15th. Good luck with your application.
    Prosper said:
    chiboguj said:
    The admission deadline is November 15th for October 1st enrollment. So make sure you submit your application before the deadline, November 15th. Good luck with your application.
    Thank you for your reply. I actually checked the Japanese embassy in Nigeria and I saw that an application is on but will close by 3rd June 2016. Pls is that for November 2016 admission?
    edited May 2016
    @chiboguj - For the November 15 scholarship deadline, you do not need to apply through the Japanese embassy in Nigeria. The scholarship program is called MEXT e3 selection. Rather you need to apply directly to the Hokkaido University in Japan. Your studies will be in English taught by Japanese professors. I have add more information on my article above on what to do to apply to the program.
    Applying through Japanese embassy is a different process that may not lead you to Hokkaido University. That process is called MEXT embassy selection.
  • While you were advertising this, you would have state it clearly that the scholarship is strictly for Engineering proffessions
    edited May 2016
    While you were advertising this, you would have state it clearly that the scholarship is strictly for Engineering proffessions
    No it is not strictly for engineering profession. If you have a science degree and interested in environmental studies you can apply. There are several courses that are not for engineering profession listed on the article.

You can also read this article on graduate studies in the USA - click here
  • How do I apply for the scholarship if I am registered on this forum
    @Gbengaabiola -
    to apply click on the various links on the main article to get more information about the school and academic program. Download the necessary forms. Fill up the forms and post your package directly to Hokkaido University Japan. Do that before the deadline to be considered for admission.
    Pls can you help me explain what this means, in the form I am to provide a recommendation from the principal or adviser at my university. Pls what do they mean? Secondly, they request for the abstract of my thesis. Pls what do you think they Are requesting for Thirdly, can you help with any format of Mext research proposal?
    edited May 2016
    chiboguj said:
    Pls can you help me explain what this means, in the form I am to provide a recommendation from the principal or adviser at my university. Pls what do they mean? Secondly, they request for the abstract of my thesis. Pls what do you think they Are requesting for Thirdly, can you help with any format of Mext research proposal?
    Recommendation from the principal or adviser means that you should get a letter of recommendation from your university professor, project supervisor, head of department, or dean of your faculty stating that you are a good student. 

Abstract of your thesis means the summary of your final year university project. So summarize your project stating every salient points in not more than 2 pages of document. One page summary will be good.

For MEXT research proposal - contact the professor in charge of the program you want to study and ask him to help you will research proposal he is working.
    Before that send him an email introducing yourself and express strong interest to join his research group/laboratory. Also send him by email your detailed CV and research (final year project) experience.
    Let the professor know that you need to submit the research proposal in your application for admission.
    Remember the earlier you get to know your supposed research supervisor the better for you. Don't be scared, Japanese professors are the most wonderful people to meet.
  • Hokkaido is a school of Engineering, so as a science person, there is no course related to that in the University. You can also check yourself to see, I will appreciate it if you can help me locate it
    edited May 2016
    Hokkaido is a school of Engineering, so as a science person, there is no course related to that in the University. You can also check yourself to see, I will appreciate it if you can help me locate it
    Hokkaido is the northern island of Japan while the name of the university is Hokkaido University located in the city of Sapporo. The university has other faculties like medicine, business, law, education, health sciences, nursing, dental medicine, agriculture, veternary medicine, and others. 

e3 MEXT scholarship selection
     however belongs ONLY to Hokkaido University Faculty of Engineering and the courses listed below are what you can select to pursue in Master or PhD level.
    1. Applied Physics
    2. Architectural and Structural Design
    3. Energy and Environmental Systems
    4. Engineering and Policy for Sustainable Environment
    5. Environmental Engineering
    6. Field Engineering for Environment
    7. Human Environmental System
    8. Human Mechanical Systems and Design
    9. Materials Science and Engineering
    10. Mechanical and Space Engineering
    11. Quantum Science Engineering
    12. Sustainable Resources Engineering
    Did I answer your question?
  • Hi dear, how do i get to know my potential supervisors and their laboraties...I've gone through the brochure buh couldn't find them...pls Help Me out 
    Hi dear, how do i get to know my potential supervisors and their laboraties...I've gone through the brochure buh couldn't find them...pls Help Me out 
    To get to know the laboratories (research groups) and the Professors (your potential supervisors) in charge of the laboratories, you have to visit the website of Hokkaido University e3 Program. I have done the search for you and below is the link.
    Click on the link of the division of your choice to see the names of the Professors and their respective laboratories. Clicking on the names of the Professors may reveal their email addresses. If you can't see their email addresses, send email to e3 Program coordinator at: eprogram[at]eng.hokudai.ac.jp and he/she will help you reach the Professor in question.
    Do let me know if you have more question. Good luck with your application.
  • delayoyodelayoyo Posts: 2
    Please I want to know if I can apply with my new name. I did a change of name after I graduated from school in 2014. But my documents carry the old name. Though I have a court affidavit attesting to the new name. Can I still go ahead and apply for the scholarship with the new name? Thanks
    delayoyo said:
    Please I want to know if I can apply with my new name. I did a change of name after I graduated from school in 2014. But my documents carry the old name. Though I have a court affidavit attesting to the new name. Can I still go ahead and apply for the scholarship with the new name? Thanks
    Yes, go ahead with your application. But make sure you include the necessary court and legal document showing you changed your name to avoid confusion. I believe if the admission committee has issue with your change of name, they will contact you.
  • Obinna Obinna Posts: 1
    Have you got any info about any scholarship for Masters and PhD in the US? 
    Obinna said:
    Have you got any info about any scholarship for Masters and PhD in the US? 
    You can click on this link. 
    Note that you may not get 100% full scholarship to study in the USA and you have to pay your flight ticket. Financial aid can be in form of graduate or research assistantship.
  • delayoyodelayoyo Posts: 2
    Please, I downloaded the scholarship form and its in PDF. How do I submit the completed form. Do I scan and send or by post?

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum