Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Education Scholarship that covers flight tickets, tuition and pays about $1500 monthly allowance.

13»

Comments

• ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
    jfactor said:
    pls i need info on how to apply for postgraduate admission on nutrition (ph.d).  had B.Sc in Bch and M.Sc in Ind.Chm. pls thank u
    Could you click on the link below for the info you need;
    http://www.naijanetwork.com/discussion/4544/
    jfactor said:
    pls i need info on how to apply for postgraduate admission on nutrition (ph.d).  had B.Sc in Bch and M.Sc in Ind.Chm. pls thank u
    I also have information on PhD study in Switzerland. Check it out here - http://www.naijanetwork.com/discussion/4545
  • Any scholarship program for Social science? Management courses to be precise. Please i need list of schools where i can do my ph.d that would enable me travel with my family.
    Any scholarship program for Social science? Management courses to be precise. Please i need list of schools where i can do my ph.d that would enable me travel with my family.
    Of course, there should be scholarships for management courses. Have you check the commonwealth scholarship for UK universities? Click this link to learn more

I will try to post information on scholarships for management courses. When I do, I will let you know. Meanwhile, checkout the commonwealth scholarship for UK universities.
  • Hello, Prosper. I have been able to gather all the documents needed except the ones concerning the proposal. I have issues with coming up with a good proposal and research, etc. Please can you give me a headway or help me out someway..? I intend applying to the faculty of Architectural and Structural Design. Thank you in advance.
    estimable said:
    Hello, Prosper. I have been able to gather all the documents needed except the ones concerning the proposal. I have issues with coming up with a good proposal and research, etc. Please can you give me a headway or help me out someway..? I intend applying to the faculty of Architectural and Structural Design. Thank you in advance.
    Contact, the faculty member (Professor) whom you want to do research under and politely ask him to help you with a research proposal. Remember you will be working under him as your research supervisor, so he has to give you the proposal of your research okay. Good luck.
  • Thank you, Mr. Prosper. I will get back to you.
  • I have sent a emails to two potential supervisors but they haven't reply me yet. I don't know if I should go ahead to draft out a research proposal.
    estimable wrote: »
    I have sent a emails to two potential supervisors but they haven't reply me yet. I don't know if I should go ahead to draft out a research proposal.
    Send email to the program coordinator at [email protected]
    or [email protected] letting her know of your interest in graduate research program and the professor(s) you emailed for research proposal that have not replied. Ask her to help you contact the professors for research proposals.
    You should also send a follow-up/reminder email to the professor(s) you emailed for research proposal. Remember to be polite in your emails.
  • Thanks...I have done that. She told me that for the research proposal, I should type in the form (it's open for editing). And for any reason I couldn't edit the form,I should copy and paste the fields in another file and type it there. That some of the screening committee members are particularly strict with the applicants' ability to keep the provided format. So I should not change the fields and not to write more than the required volume.

Now, I'm thinking of how to go about this...since I have downloaded the forms. What do you say?
    I asked her if I can attach print out copies of my
    write-ups for (Motivation to apply, Purpose of the Research, and Research Plan and Methods) instead of hand writing directly on the application forms.
    Thanks...I have done that. She told me that for the research proposal, I should type in the form (it's open for editing). And for any reason I couldn't edit the form,I should copy and paste the fields in another file and type it there. That some of the screening committee members are particularly strict with the applicants' ability to keep the provided format. So I should not change the fields and not to write more than the required volume.

Now, I'm thinking of how to go about this...since I have downloaded the forms. What do you say?
    I asked her if I can attach print out copies of my
    write-ups for (Motivation to apply, Purpose of the Research, and Research Plan and Methods) instead of hand writing directly on the application forms.
    You have to download the Microsoft word format of the application forms and other required forms on your computer. Then use your computer keyboard to type in (fill) the forms and save on your computer. You can email the saved filled out forms (in MS Words) directly to the coordinator and then print out the hard copies that you will post by airmail to the university. The admission coordinator is trying to tell you not to change the provided format of the form. So make use your filled forms maintain the original form and design. Do not change the fields on the form and do not write more than the required spaces provided on the form. If possible you can reduce the font but not too small to make your application forms too hard to be read.
  • Thank you, Mr. Prosper. I really appreciate. What about the form that I need to sign on? What happens to the Recommendation Forms? The one my referees will sign on. Will they type into the forms too?
  • The referees will be two, right?
    Thank you, Mr. Prosper. I really appreciate. What about the form that I need to sign on? What happens to the Recommendation Forms? The one my referees will sign on. Will they type into the forms too?
    For the form, you need to sign on, I will advise you to sign your signature on a piece of white paper, take a picture of your signature, use software to crop out your signature to eliminate unnecessary boundaries and then copy and paste on the signature field on your application forms.

For the reference form, you may use the format provided by the university or just ask your referees to use if possible a letter headed paper to type your references, print out and sign by hand. You might want to put your recommendation letters on separate sealed envelopes for formality.
    If your referees can type in on the university provided reference forms that will be good too. Otherwise, they can use their own paper as I said.
    The referees will be two, right?
    Yes you need two recommendation letters from two referees. The university expects that one of your referee should be your univeristy supervisor (probably project supervisor). The other referee can be someone who can attest of your good character and that you are capable of undertaking graduate program.
  • Thanks.. How do I go about the certificate of ranking? Can't my transcript cover that..?
    Thanks.. How do I go about the certificate of ranking? Can't my transcript cover that..?
    Certificate of ranking can be covered by both your "transcripts" (showing your calculated GPA) and your "statement of result" (showing your class ranking like first class, second class upper, second class lower etc).
  • I mean a certificate showing your GPA compared to the GPA of the other students in the class/grade, ex: 2nd out of 30, 10th out of 321. It's part of the requirements.
    I mean a certificate showing your GPA compared to the GPA of the other students in the class/grade, ex: 2nd out of 30, 10th out of 321. It's part of the requirements.
    Your statement of result showing your ranking (like first class, second class upper or lower etc) and your transcript showing your calculated GPA (like 4.45/5) will serve as your certificates of class ranking required by Hokkaido univeristy.
  • estimableestimable Posts: 19
    edited September 2016
    You have been of great help, Mr. Prosper. How do I check (tick) the [YES] or [NO] boxes and other boxes on the MS word forms? Thanks.
    You have been of great help, Mr. Prosper. How do I check (tick) the [YES] or [NO] boxes and other boxes on the MS word forms? Thanks.
    Just type the letter "X" on the box you want to check.
  • It doesn't type inside the box, but before or after the box.
    It doesn't type inside the box, but before or after the box.
    In that case, you can type either before or after the box provided it is clear which option you choose. You can also use the keyboard space bar to increase the spaces between the boxes if possible.
    You can also type YES, NO or NO, YES
    Whatever you can do that will clearly show which option you choose will be good.
  • Okay..I was able to do that. My only concern is the certificate of ranking. I hope I won't be disqualified if I didn't add this document or paper. I've got my transcript.
    Okay..I was able to do that. My only concern is the certificate of ranking. I hope I won't be disqualified if I didn't add this document or paper. I've got my transcript.
    Your transcript and statement of result will serve as your certificate of ranking.
  • WEALTH MILLIONAIRE
  • prosper.how are you doing.its been a long time.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum