Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

ISIS Terrorist Abandons Jihad After Witnessing 'Love of Christians' at Jordanian Refugee Camp, Aid G

bibingbibing Posts: 2,160
refugees-from-syria

Christian Aid Mission has said that Islamic State militants are disguising themselves as refugees at some U.N.-operated refugee camps in Jordan, where they are killing people and selling girls. One such terrorist reportedly abandoned his mission to murder people after seeing the "love of Christians" at the camps.

"The Muslim gangs come as refugees, but they have their agendas," one ministry director, whose name wasn't shared, told the aid group. "They're like a mafia. People are even killed inside the camps, and the refugees are afraid to say if they saw somebody get killed. If you ask them, they'll say, 'I don't know, I was asleep.'"

Millions of people are fleeing Syria and Iraq, looking to escape civil war and IS. Many are presently stationed in neighboring countries, such as Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon, where refugee camps have provided shelter, but not much else, the ministry director said.

"The last time I went inside a camp, I had a policeman with me," he added. "The camps are dangerous because they have IS, Iraqi militias and Syrian militias. It's another place for gangs. They're killing inside the camps, and they're buying and selling ladies and even girls."

Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan(Photo: Reuters/Mandel Ngan/Pool)An aerial view shows the Zaatari refugee camp, near the Jordanian city of Mafraq, July 18, 2015. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry spent about 40 minutes with half a dozen refugees who vented their frustration at the international community's failure to end Syria's more than two-year-old civil war, while visiting the camp that holds roughly 115,000 Syrian refugees in Jordan about 12 km (eight miles) from the Syrian border.

IS fighters have persecuted religious minorities, including Christians, to a great extent, in many cases forcing them to convert to their version of radical Islam, or be beheaded. The ministry director suggested that the practice continues inside the camps where IS has taken root.

He shared of one story where an IS fighter from northern Syrian came to one of the Jordanian refugee camps with the intention to kill Christian workers — but abandoned his plans after hearing the Gospel and "witnessing the love of the Christians."

"He first saw how Islam brainwashed him about Christianity, and how that contrasted with the reality of what he saw in the Christians," the director said. "And we're talking about an area of Jordan that has three Salafist [a strict, fundamentalist branch of Sunni Islam] mosques. They raise up people to go and fight."

The militant was apparently so enthusiastic about his new faith that the director had to "calm him down," because he began receiving threats from other jihadists who wanted to kill him for converting.

Steve Van Valkenburg, Christian Aid Mission's area director for the Middle East, previously told The Christian Post in September that Christians have an opportunity in the refugee crisis to show the love of Christ and open people's eyes.

"I think that a lot of refugees see that there is something different there, they see the Muslim on Muslim fighting, and then they see how the Christians are reaching out with love and caring — that has to do something with their hearts," Valkenburg told CP.

He added that one thing Christians are showing is that they are not only working with charity, but "we're working with Jesus Christ. We're not working to build an earthly kingdom. I think that has to get the attention of the world."

There have been previous reported cases of IS militants converting to Christianity, such as a story from June where one fighter reportedly experienced a dream of a "man in white," who he said was Jesus.

Gina Fadely, director of Youth With A Mission Frontier Missions, reported the incident back then, and said that the man had confessed to killing a number of Christians, before experiencing the dream and deciding to become a follower of Christ.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum