Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Ex-OPC member, one other arrested for robbery in Lagos

By Ifeanyi Okolie & Esther Onyegbula

LAGOS — A suspected robber, identified as Olalekan Ajibola, said to be terrorizing residents of Mushin and its environ, has been arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, Lagos.

OPC-turned-robber

Police sources said the suspect was arrested by the Olosan Police Division, Mushin after a tip-off by a resident before the case was transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja for further investigation.

Vanguard gathered that at about 3am last week, Ajibola stormed Folarin Street in Mushin in an attempt to break open the door of a resident with an axe when he was arrested by Policemen on patrol.

Suspects’ account

According to the suspect, Olalekan Ajibola, “I have been doing this job for years now. I learnt to rob while in Oyingbo. When I go out for operations, I carry my axe. I have operated with it on five occasions. When I enter houses, I ask people for money, phones and other valuables. If they resist, I will cut them with the axe. I use the axe for cutting victims who resist.

“I live alone in Lagos because my parents are divorced. My father is a commercial driver in Lagos. He shuttles between Oyingbo and Bariga areas while my mother who lives in Ibadan is currently mentally derailed and is confined to a house. She used to operate a medicine shop but she stopped when she fell sick.”

Ex-OPC member nabbed

Meantime, a 46-year-old former member of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress, OPC, Ishola Jamiu, is currently cooling his heels in the dreaded cell of the SARS, Lagos State Police Command. He was arrested for gun-running and robbery.

Vanguard gathered that the suspect met his Waterloo when some robbers, who he allegedly armed with two guns, were arrested by SARS operatives led by SP Abba Kyari.

When Vanguard interviewed the suspect, he said: “I joined the OPC when I came to Lagos. That was where I got two guns. I was also doing security work. They gave me the two guns while serving there.

“I left the OPC in 2009 and afterwards I left Lagos for Ogun State. But they bought one of the guns for me when I was a guard in a motor park for about five years. The other one was bought for me when I was guarding two petrol stations in Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos.

“I gave the guns to the robbery suspects. I was arrested last Saturday. I had been a commercial driver. But I did not return the guns and the ID card.

“I was plying the Agbara to Seme area with my commercial bus. I was arrested in my house in Atan, Ogun State. I did not rob as claimed by the police. Some robbery suspects said I was in possession of guns, and that was how the police traced my house.“

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ex-opc-member-one-arrested-robbery-lagos/#sthash.9ogQYIb3.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum