Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

We must stop corruption, wrangling in sports – Dalung

bibingbibing Posts: 2,160
260x194xminister-Dalong-260x194.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9GFbaYHjgp

Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung has called on stakeholders to purge themselves of corruption and wrangling, if the country’s sports were to make meaningful achievements.

Dalung, who was speaking yesterday in Abuja noted that Nigeria can be great in sports if there was cooperation and dedication by all practitioners.

“We should collectively reject corruption, purge ourselves, re-dedicate ourselves and work towards making this country very great.

“We will make progress if we stop quarrelling, because quarrelling cannot bring progress. We will be giants of Africa’s sports and we will even dominate world sports for a very long time.

“We have everything it takes to do so if, and only if, we tolerate each other, co-operate with each other and support each other to build this industry.”

“There is wealth in this industry, but we continue to remain poor because we continue to engage in disputes, rather than in ways to ensure economic growth.

“In this industry, we must continue to co-operate with each other. We must reflect soberly, we must look at those things we have being doing in the past, which have not helped us, and guard against them.

“I understand that whistle-blowers have been shouting corruption in the sports industry, but I believe that if we dedicate ourselves selflessly, we will reap the benefit of our sweat.

“The only thing that unites Nigerians is sports. If the sports sector is properly harnessed, it can help to reduce some pockets of crisis and create employment opportunity for many unemployed youths.

“I implore all stakeholders to sheathe their swords and join us in the effort to revamp the sector and boost the country’s wonderful sports tradition to encourage the young ones,” the minister said.

Source: Vanguard

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum