Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Suspect in Paris attacks appears in court

bibingbibing Posts: 2,160
Paris-attack-120-dead

A man arrested in Paris for providing accommodation to a group of people allegedly behind the deadly coordinated Nov. 13 terror attacks in Paris appeared in court Tuesday, a report said.

Jawad Bendaoud, was arrested outside an apartment north of Paris on Nov.18 during a police raid in which three people, including the suspected mastermind of the attacks, were killed.

The judge would either submit charges against Bendaoud or release him, the report said.

Bendaoud told newsmen before being taken into custody that there had been two people staying with him, but that he did not know what they were planning to do.

“I did not know they were terrorists, I was asked to host two people for three days and I did a favour, if I had known, do you think I would have hosted them?”

Eight people were taken into custody during the hours-long Nov. 18 police raid in which alleged attack mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud, his female cousin and an unidentified man were killed.

Abaaoud is believed to have coordinated a string of attacks in Paris on Nov. 13 targeting a national football stadium, a concert hall, bars and restaurants in attacks that left 130 people dead, and more than 350 wounded.

Meanwhile, the seven other people taken into custody have already been released as under French law, suspects in terrorism cases can be held for up to six days before being charged or released.

However, one alleged attacker, Salah Abdeslam, was still being pursued by French and Belgian authorities.
On Monday night, French police found a discarded explosive suicide belt in Paris, after tracking Abdeslam’s mobile phone.

Source: TheGuardian

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum