Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

FUTA valedictorian, Eki-Obakpolor gives students success tips

bibingbibing Posts: 2,160
Eki-Obakpolor-26-11-15-Copy

Being consistent in his studies, including a persistent reading habit, as well as God’s grace were the factors that combined to make Osakpolor Eki-Obakpolor, the best graduating student of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Ondo State.

Eki-Obakpolor, who studied Physics Electronic, carted home the crown after ending his academic odyssey with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.84 out of the available five points.

And for those who may doubt their ability to excel, the best graduating student in his valedictorian speech counselled, “God has deposited in everyone exceptional ability to excel in everything one is doing. One just needs to put in a little effort, crown it with hard work and prayers.”

The best graduating student for the 2014/2015 academic session, who attributed his success to adopting a consistent reading pattern from day one at the Institution added, “At first, I never thought I could achieve this, but I told myself ‘just try to put in some efforts to get a good result.’ After recording 4.68 GPA in my first semester in school, I was determined to build on it. God helped me and I am grateful to him. I strongly believe in possibility and I make bold to say making a first class in any discipline is not impossible with God on one’s side, and with a persistent reading habit.”

He commended the contributions of his teachers to his success, saying “FUTA is blessed with good lecturers. They taught us well and built us for the future. Anything I become today is by the training I received from my lecturers. I also commend my friends and course mates who gave me access to materials related to my field”.

The valedictorian, who plans to go into research activities to make innovative discoveries in physics, said such discoveries could be improved upon for the good of the society.

Eki-Obakpolor, who had good words for his alma mater said, “I believe FUTA is going places. I appreciate the way the institution is building up youth for the future. This gives us the confidence that wherever we find ourselves, we will be able to adapt easily to situations. FUTA always gives us the platform to express our ability and stand out wherever we find ourselves.”

Source: TheGuardian

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum