Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Saraki urges African leaders to unite against terrorism

bibingbibing Posts: 2,160
edited November 2015 in Terrorism
Bukola-Saraki-BellaNaija-1024x590-702x336

SENATE President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has called on African leaders to unite against the rising spate of attacks by terrorists in the continent.

Saraki, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sanni Onogu, in Abuja, made the call when he received the Bureau of African Ambassa­dors Group who visited him at the National Assembly on Tuesday.

He said much as it was necessary to seek external support in the fight against terrorism, it is better for Afri­can leaders to come together and be their brothers’ keeper.

He said: “I want to thank you individually and col­lectively for the support you continue to give our country in the fight against terrorism.

“I think the way forward for us is that we should all unite to defeat terrorism and that is why the initiative of President Muhammadu Bu­hari, which is also working in the regional support, is be­ginning to yield good result.

“It shows what we can achieve more when we are together. I think the message here is that we have to solve our problems. Yes, we will get support from the inter­national community, but we must be our brother’s keeper.

“We should start first, at home, to see that we come together. There is no doubt that in years to come, Africa will be the place to be.”

Earlier, Dean of the Afri­can Ambassadors Group and Ambassador of the Saharawi Republic, Ambassador Oubi Bachir had said the rising wave of terrorism across the world showed that nowhere is safe anymore.

He condemned recent Boko Haram attacks in some parts of the country, while pledging the unconditional support and solidarity of their various home govern­ments to the Federal Gov­ernment on the campaign against Boko Haram.

Source: The Sun

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum