Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

NDLEA raids cannabis warehouse in Aba

images-41-e1449467433147

NARCOTIC officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Abia State have carried out a major raid operation in Aba town, leading to the arrest of two major cannabis dealers.

A house used for illegal storage of cannabis was discovered and an air-conditioned Toyota car used for the distribution of drug in the state was also impounded from one of the suspected drug dealers.
Dried weeds found to be cannabis sativa weighing 137kilogrammes were also recovered as exhibits during the raid.

According to the NDLEA State commander, Mr. Dele Akingbade, the command has recorded the arrest of two major cannabis dealers in the State.
“A 35- year- old man, Fidelis Ogbonna, who supplies cannabis in an air-conditioned Toyota Avalon Saloon car with Registration Number AWK259SZ in the state was apprehended. We also recovered 50kilogrammes of cannabis inside the car, which were meant for supplies to customers while another suspect, Ndudim Nwoke, (68) was arrested with 87 kilogrammes of cannabis in his warehouse. The command is intensifying efforts to eradicate illicit drugs capable of promoting criminality in the state”.

Fidelis hails from Aboh Mbaise Local Council of Imo State. He is married with three children.
“I could not further my education beyond primary school because my father died when I was a child. A friend introduced me to cannabis sales. I use the proceeds to take care of my family. I also use my personal car to distribute the drugs to avoid suspicion. I put on the air conditioner and use air freshener to suppress the smell of cannabis,” Fidelis stated.

The second suspect, Ndudim Nwoke is from Obowo Local Council of Imo State. Ndudim told investigators that he had been sustaining his family with the proceeds of cannabis sales. “I have no formal education because of my humble background and I am married with two children. Cannabis sale is my only source of livelihood. Nine bags of cannabis weighing 87kilogrammes were seized in my house by NDLEA officers and I was arrested,” he stated.

The agency had also declared the son of Ndudim who is on the run wanted. The son, Ndudim Agbo is alleged to be neck deep in cannabis distribution in Aba alongside with his father. Efforts are ongoing to arrest Agbo and other persons linked with the cannabis trade in the State.

The Acting Chairman of the Agency, Mrs. Roli Bode-George expressed optimism that anti-drug strategies of the Agency would continue to yield positive results across the country.

The NDLEA will continue to perfect its drug eradication strategies across the states. These arrests and seizures are products of painstaking surveillance. The public should look forward to a systematic dismantling of drug trafficking cartels in the days ahead,” Bode-George said.

The suspects would soon be charged to court for unlawful possession and trafficking of cannabis contrary to section 11subsection c and d of the NDLEA Act.

Source: TheGuardian

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum