Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Oshiomhole retires HoS, perm sec over pension fraud

Edo-State-Governor-Adams-Oshiomhole-696x503

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, has directed the state Head of Service, Mr. Jerry Obazele, and the Permanent Secretary in the state’s Information and Communication Technology Agency, Dan Aigbavboa, to proceed on retirement over alleged fraud in the administration and payment of pension to retired civil servants in the state.

According to a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Peter Okhiria, and made available to journalists on Tuesday, Oshiomhole also appointed Mrs. Gladys Idahor as the new HoS, while the Director (Software) of the agency, Toju Onaiwu, was suspended.

Earlier on Monday, the governor dissolved the state pensions board and directed its members to report to the state Civil Service Commission for proper investigation and disciplinary action in accordance with the civil service rules.

Oshiomhole said facts uncovered during an interrogation on the administration of pension in the state revealed that while some pensioners were unable to get their gratuities, others had two vouchers in their names.

Oshiomhole said, “I encouraged the Head of Service to give me a clear view concerning what our liabilities are as regards accumulated pension gratuities. I was given some numbers and my task is to find the resources to provide for these numbers.

“However, in the course of trying to establish the details of what makes up these numbers, the names of the pensioners, their dates of appointment, dates of retirement, their salary at the point of retirement, the number of years in service, when taken together are the basis for computation of gratuity, I discovered a huge gap between what the Head of Service had told me we owed and what they now generate for us to pay.”

He noted that the revelation of corruption followed the assessment of pension documents by some external auditors engaged by the state government to enable it address the issue of accumulated gratuity benefits.

“All those involved in this chain, in the pension board, not only will they be suspended, the police will continue investigation in the light of the fraud that has been established and based on the Civil Service rules, they will be dealt with according to the rules. For those who are political appointees, over the next 24 hours the government will make a decision as to what to do with them,” he added.

Source: Punch

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum