Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Iheanacho: My best is yet to come at Manchester City

NairalandNairaland Posts: 7

Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has appraised his performances for the club so far and stressed that his best is yet to come.

The Nigerian international scored 13 times in 33 appearances for the Citizens this season and though many would be satisfied with that tally, the 19-year-old feels he still has much to prove.

But Iheanacho was quick to insist that he can still do better.

"My record isn't bad, this season has been great for me and for the team as well," Iheanacho told Sky Sports News. "I've been getting goals in the team and helping them.”

"It's not bad this season but I've got to keep working hard. This is not going to be the best season ever, I'm just starting and there will more good to come, I'll just keep working hard and working on everything in training and in games and I'll get there.

"I was hoping to play a first-team game and be among them one day; I had ideas about that so I was hoping I would join them some day.

“It was a surprise for me when they said I was part of the team so I was happy and I'm pleased to join them.

"Now I'm convinced I'm part of the squad but it will not get into my head, I will just keep working hard and keep believing in myself. I will help the team anyway I can this season."

He also savoured the chance to play at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium his team crashing out of the Uefa Champions League.

"What happened was just football. It's what can happen to any team - any team can lose and any team can win," he continued.

"We did very well in the first game at home and we played really well away but they won by just one goal. We defended really well, made it difficult for them but they deserved to win.

"Everybody knew that if we had one goal we would be through. We were just looking for that one goal but we couldn't get any space, it was difficult for us.

"If we would have got the one goal I wouldn't be saying this now. It's gone now, they're through and we have to focus on the next games.

"It was a great experience for me, I'm happy to have played there. It was a dream come true. We shouldn't have come away like [that] but that's football, we will put that behind us."

Merrybet.com

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum