Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Kidnapped Nasarawa PDP governorship aspirant regains freedom

LAFIA—The governorship aspirant on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Nasarawa State, Mr. Chris Mamman, allegedly kidnapped by unknown persons at the Aren Eggon (the chief traditional ruler of the Eggon) palace on Sunday, has been released by his abductors.

Mamman, who told journalists that he was rescued by some security operatives who kept him in their custody till Monday, said: “If not for the security men who whisked me away, I would have been killed by those hired political thugs who also burnt down my car at the traditional ruler’s palace.”

The governorship aspirant, who addressed his teaming supporters that came to sympathize and welcome him at his campaign office in Lafia shortly after his release by his abductors, thanked the security operatives for their quick intervention.

He said: “I was invited by the Eggon traditional council for a meeting with my other brothers who are equally in the race, with view to reach a compromise.

“But I never knew danger was ahead when I got to the palace of the Aren Eggon and was attacked by hoodlums who threatened to kill me.”

Mamman, who was the past president of Eggon Cultural Association, ECDA, was allegedly indicted for misappropriation of fund meant for the association.

He debunked the allegations, saying the entire fund raised by the association was spent by the committee charged with the purpose.

He challenged his accusers to ask the donors of such fund whether the money was handed over to him or not.

He, however, reiterated his determination to continue with his political ambition in response to his people’s demand, irrespective of threats by his political opponents.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/kidnapped-nasarawa-pdp-governorship-aspirant-regains-freedom/#sthash.ohC0Mydw.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum