Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

“Read your Bible daily, shun crime,” magistrate cautions suspected burglar

Magistrate Bola Osunsanmi of a Somolu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Wednesday advised a discharged accused, Ayodeji Adeyanju, 19, to regularly read his Bible and desist from a life of crime.

Osunsanmi handed down the advice after she struck out the case against Adeyanju, who was charged with burgling a house and stealing phones and cash valued at N246,000.

The magistrate discharged the accused on compassionate grounds, following the absence of the complainant, Mr Temitope Oluwaseun, from court, during the last three sittings.

She, however, ordered that the accused should serve one hour of community service.

“This complainant does not seem to be serious with this case and the defendant has been in custody.

“I will set you free today, but if you are re-arrested I wouldn’t set you free again. So, I advise that you read regularly the Bible in your hand, you read a chapter of it daily and change your ways,

“You will however serve one hour of community service,” Osunsanmi said.

Adeyanju was arraigned on Sept. 19 on a three-count charge of conspiracy, burglary and stealing.

He pleaded not guilty and was granted bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum, but could not fulfil the bail conditions and was subsequently remanded in custody.

At the arraignment, the prosecutor, ASP Akinlabi Adegoke, told the court that Adeyanju and some others still at large, on Aug. 24, broke into the home of one Mr Temitope Oluwaseun, located at No. 15, Ayepe Ave,, Somolu.

“Adeyanju broke into Oluwaseun’s home at 2.00 a.m. on Aug. 24 and stole phones and cash with a total value of N246,000,’’  Adegoke said.

The prosecutor said the offences committed contravened Sections 278, 306 and 307 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/read-your-bible-daily-shun-crime-magistrate-cautions-suspected-burglar/#sthash.6TpbyjPp.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum