Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Fayose opens up about receiving money from Obanikoro as he warns Buhari

jchimajchima Posts: 878
Fayose.jpg

– Governor Fayose says he won’t be distracted by EFCC probe

– He called on the President Buhari-led administration to stop witch-hunting people and pay attention to the hunger ravaging Nigeria people

– The governor dismissed claims by Obanikoro that he funded his election in 2014

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has asked the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government to leave him alone and pay attention to the suffering of the people.

He said the project ‘Fayose must be implicated at all cost’ will not reduce the hunger and suffering ravaging Nigeria.

In a statement signed by his special assistant on public communications and new media, Lere Olayinka, the governor said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and its collaborators can keep running from pillar to post while he continues delivering good governance to the people of Ekiti.

Fayose said: “We have gone pass this stage of media trial, EFCC should rather keep its gun powder dry, when we get to the bridge, we will cross it. They said more than this in the 2006 poultry scam blackmail, despite that, I am the governor today.”

The governor dismissed the reported claim that the former minister of state for defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro confessed to the EFCC that he funded his election.

Obanikoro who surrendered himself to the anti-graft agency on Monday, October 17, implicated Fayose in the N4.745billion wired to a company linked to him by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA). He said N2.23billion out of the N4.745billion was transferred to the Ekiti governor.

Fayose said those who arranged Obanikoro’s return to Nigeria, obviously did so in continuation of their project ‘Fayose must be implicated at all cost’.

According to him, he is not bothered because his election was legitimately funded.

“However, if this is why they are intimidating judges and the judiciary, it won’t work as far as my own matter is concerned as no one can play God.

“As far as I am concerned, I am busy here in Ekiti attending to the welfare and well-being of my people. I won’t be distracted,” he said.

The Ekiti governor challenged the commission to beam its searchlights on the funding of the All Progressives Congress (APC) elections.

Many know Fayose as one of the most controversial governors who never stops attacking President Buhari and the APC.

He forced Access Bank Nigerian Limited in the state to shut down its operation after bank officials detained the wife and eight-month-old son of Femi Fani-Kayode on Monday, October 17.

Fani-Kayode’s wife, Precious, was said to have been detained on EFCC order. However, Fayose stormed the bank with some of his men and secured her release.

Source: http://latestnaijanews.com.ng/fayose-opens-up-about-receiving-money-from-obanikoro-as-he-warns-buhari/

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum