Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

2015 Presidency: Kwankwaso picks nomination form

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432

ABUJA—Forty-eight hours after he publicly declared his intention to contest for Presidency on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, in 2015, Kano State governor, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, has purchased the party’s Expression of Interest and Presidential Nomination forms for N27.5 million.

He will be the third on the list of presidential aspirants on the party’s platform to take delivery of the forms.

Kwankwaso

Kwankwaso

The first to do so was former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, while the second was former Head of State, General Mohammadu  Buhari (retd).

Speaking in a brief ceremony to mark the outing at APC’s national secretariat in Abuja yesterday, Kwankwaso said the forms were paid for by some of his supporters, compri-sing members of the National Assembly, Kano State Assembly and elders across the country.

He allayed fears of any impending crisis over the number of presidential aspirants in the party, saying their entry was to add value to the race.

Kwankwaso, who defected to the APC from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, last year, assured the party that many more politicians from other political parties would soon join APC.

He also declared his commitment towards ensuring APC’s victory at the polls.

He said: “I want to thank those who contributed in one way or the other in purchasing this form. Mr. Chairman, while I am thanking the National Working Committee, NWC, I want to also thank those who contributed money to purchase this form: members of National Assembly, state assembly, elders not only from Kano, but across the country.

“Mr. Chairman, I have the capacity to buy this form. But unfortunately or fortunately, they did not tell me. They just went ahead. Not only did they purchase the forms, they told me they have a lot of money for us to start the campaign.

“So, I want to thank all those who initiated this. That is what I can call a pleasant surprise.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/2015-presidency-kwankwaso-picks-nomination-form/#sthash.5CzEsytF.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum