Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Akwa Ibom church collapse: Doctors ask Nigerians to donate blood

IMG-20161210-WA0112.jpg?w=720

Akwa Ibom church collapse: Doctors ask Nigerians to donate blood.
The Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, Akwa Ibom State branch, has appealed to Nigerians to donate blood for the victims of the church building collapse in the state.
Aniekeme Uwah, a medical doctor and the chairman of NMA in the state, made the appeal shortly after a building that was under construction in Reighners Bible Church, Uyo, collapsed on Saturday, killing and injuring several people.
Doctors in the state have been mobilised through the NMA to respond to the crisis which is the worst in the history of the state.
“In order to aid the response team carry out her duty of responding to the mass casualty and to save the lives of our people, I hereby call on all well meaning citizens to rise up to the occasion of being our brothers’ keepers by voluntarily donating blood needed for transfusion,” Mr. Uwah said in a statement.
Mr. Uwah asked members of the public who wish to donate blood to visit the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH), Uyo and St. Luke’s Hospital, Anua.
He confirmed that 21 victims were bought in dead to the UUTH.
He said two out of 23 persons that were receiving treatment died because of severe bleeding.
“I call on all the survivors who had suffered any form of trauma to report to the various health facilities for proper medical examination as blunt injuries could lead to internal bleeding and avoidable deaths,” Mr. Uwah said.

“I assure all the members of the public, that as a responsible and proactive association, we will not rest on our oars until all the lives of the survivors are saved and they are discharged from the hospitals back to their families.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum