Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Obanikoro calms rumblings in Lagos PDP

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432

FORMER Minister of State for Defence and governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, has denounced reports that the party had pruned the number of aspirants to four, noting that a level playing field should be created for a successful primaries.

Musiliu Obanikoro

Musiliu Obanikoro

He also dismissed claims that he was made a minister as a condition that he would not contest the governorship position in the state.

Obanikoro, who said this, yesterday, in Lagos, said he would return government to the people if elected governor.

His words: ”It is not true that the number of aspirants have been reduced. I am not aware of that. Everyone is entitled to a level playing field. All of us in the race are men of impeccable record. We have distinguished ourselves in our various fields. I am confident of victory at the primaries because I am grassroots person, with grasp of the key issues in the state.

”There was no condition attached to my becoming a minister. Mr. President who appointed me a minister did not say that it was a condition for me not to contest in 2015. Having risen through the ranks in public office, I am very confident that I have the wealth of experience to serve my people.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/obanikoro-calms-rumblings-lagos-pdp/#sthash.QsIcac8M.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum