Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

GTBank scam email that will infect your computer with TROJAN horse virus exposed.

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
Scam emails designed to steal your GTBank account login information is now sophisticated. The email is designed to infect your computer or mobile device with TROJAN horse virus and to direct you to a FAKE cloned GTBank website for the purpose of stealing your account login information.

It is my pleasure to expose and warn Nigerians about this scam.

STEP 1:
You will receive an email that seems to come from GTBank. A careful look at the email will reveal that it is not from GTBank. See picture below.

k5aqlayb29uj.jpg

STEP 2:
The email will claim that your token device will soon expire and that your account will be frozen. Then gives you a link to click in other to synchronize your token device and account. Here is where the danger lies - clicking on the link will automatically download and infect your computer or mobile device with a nasty TROJAN horse virus. With your system infected with the Trojan virus, the scammers will remotely take control of your computer and steal whatever information they can from your system without your knowledge.
However, if you have an updated antivirus software on your computer, the virus will be stopped just like my computer did. See picture below.

9pf9k6dim7ju.jpg

It is necessary that you update your antivirus software and do a complete system scam on your computer to remove all traces of the virus from your computer. Otherwise you might still be at risk.

STEP 3:
The link will also redirect you to a FAKE CLONE GTBank online account login website in other to steal your account information. See pictures below. Entering your account information on the fake website will send your information to the criminals who will immediately take control of your account and wipe out your money in a flash.

5ad9f1rs2ub8.jpgex5z9uphujca.jpgj6pp9nqkuxxq.jpg

My advice and take home message is:
  1. Never open any random email claiming to come from GTBank or any bank in Nigeria.
  2. If your are in doubt about the authenticity of the email, call GTBank or your bank for verification.
  3. If you open the email, NEVER click on any link in the email. Your computer or mobile device can be infected with virus if you do.
  4. Make sure the antivirus software on your system is updated and do a regular full system scan to remove viruses and spywares from your computer and mobile devices.
  5. Since most viruses are targeted for Microsoft and Android system users, Apple iOS users are more protected from these attacks. If you can afford, Apple device (iPhone or iPad or MacBook) that will be great. If not, make sure the antivirus software on your Windows device is updated.

If you have any concern, question or contribution to add, please comment below. Stay safe online.

Please share this information on social media to alert your fellow Nigerians. I have done my part to warn you.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum