Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Onazi calls for prayers, unity as Eagles converge for Congo

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432

Preparations for the make or break Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Congo Brazzaville in Point Noir is expected to kick-start today following the arrival of invited Nigerian league stars to Abuja on Saturday, after a highly impressive 1-0 win over Ghana in the maiden Restoration Cup at the ultra-modern Akwa Ibom International Stadium last Friday.

The players who came into camp with Head Coach Stephen Keshi, his assistants and other members of staff of the national team are goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim, Warri Wolves skipper, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Solomon Kwambe, scorer of the epoch making goal in Uyo, Emem Eduok, Nasara United’s Tony Edjomari, Christian Osaghuna Ighodalo, Gbolahahan Salami and new comer Kingsley Sokari.

HUMBLED: Super Eagles players listen to their coach before training ahead of the return clash with Sudan on Wednesday.

HUMBLED: Super Eagles players listen to their coach before training ahead of the return clash with Sudan on Wednesday.

The players are nested at their usual abode in Bolton White Apartment, Zone 7, Abuja and Keshi said all invited players should be in camp latest today. “We have no time for this game and the players know, so all of them must be here early enough for the trip to Congo”, he declared.

Meanwhile, Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi, has set his sights on victory in Congo over the host in next weekend’s Nations Cup qualifier but has stated that there are conditions to be met if victory must come Nigeria’s way next Saturday.

Onazi, who was expected in Nigeria last night, said Nigerians desirous of the Nations Cup ticket must all join hands and pray and that the football community must be united to achieve success. “Once I arrive Nigeria, I will go to my father in the Lord to pray with me, because I want the Nations Cup ticket and I know we can win in Congo. We must also cooperate and forget past differences to achieve our aim”, he said on phone from his base in Italy.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/onazi-calls-prayers-unity-eagles-converge-congo/#sthash.66VIpMpT.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum