Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

7th National Schools Sports Festival: Senate President pleads for understanding in Otukpo

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
edited November 2014 in Politics

sport-fest

Otukpo (Benue) –  Senate President David Mark has pleaded for understanding from participants at the ongoing 7th National Schools Sports Festival and the leadership of the Nigeria School Sports Federation (NSSF).

Mark told participants and officials, who are in Otukpo for the festival, he would quickly do something about the dearth of facilities in their host local government area.

He said he would also do something quickly to eliminate the hardship the participants were going through.

“You should understand, since Otukpo is only a local government town and not yet fully developed as a state capital.

“For me, at the end of the festival, everybody including the young students who are the future champions will see every need to be grateful. We will make it a huge success,’’ the Senate President said.

Mark said he would personally do his best to see to the comfort of the boys and girls throughout the competition.

He had on Saturday night hosted the delegates and officials of the NSSF to a dinner.

“I am aware of the difficulties being faced by the athletes, but I will do everything within my powers to address most of them, since the most important aspect is to have the children happy and exhibit their God-given talents.

“We all know that Otukpo is not a state capital yet. It is only a local government area, with its own limitations as far as sports facilities are concerned. But l am assuring that with my support, the competitors will enjoy their stay in Otukpo.

“I am aware of the difficulties they are all facing in Otukpo, because some of our facilities are not up to international standard. But this is schools sports, where the basic requirement is to have schools and playgrounds where the boys and girls will compete.

“There are no tartan tracks in Otukpo, but we will make the best use of the facilities available,” the Senate President explained.

He said sports remain the only instrument which unifies not only the entire communities but the country at large.

“Hosting such a competition in a local government area like Otukpo will give the children the opportunity to interact with other children from different backgrounds, cultures and socio-economic environment,’’ Mark said.(NAN)

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/7th-national-schools-sports-festival-senate-president-pleads-understanding-otukpo/#sthash.ZMWoCBt5.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum