Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Ex-gov Osunbor announces fresh bid for Edo governorship

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
Abubakar1

BENIN—almost six years after he was removed from office as governor by the Appeal Court in Benin, Professor Oserheimen Osunbor, yesterday announced his intention to run for the governorship of Edo State in 2016.

He spoke when youths across the three senatorial districts of the state, on the aegis of Edo Visionary Network, honoured him with Award of Excellence at his Iruekpen country home.

The youths, led by Mr. Innocent Ebhotemen, said the award was in recognition of Osunbor’s leadership quality both as a senator and former governor and appealed to him to make himself available to run for the governorship election in 2016.

Osunbor, who expressed joy for the award, said he felt elated that the people of the state appreciated his contributions, although the developmental strides of his administration was cut short.

According to him, “as you said in your address, the journey has not ended; and I should make myself available for service as governor of Edo State.

“Many groups and personalities across Edo State have been making this appeal to me to make myself available for continuity. I have always restrained myself from coming out.

“Because of the honour done to me today, I think it is appro-priate for me to tell the people of Edo State that I am willing and ready to come back.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/ex-gov-osunbor-announces-fresh-bid-edo-governorship/#sthash.kHqnUCRB.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum