Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

2015: PDP screens Jonathan, Tafawa Balewa

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432

ABUJA—Ahead of the December 10, 11 National Convention of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the party yesterday screened President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Goodluck Jonathan displaying Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms  at the People's Democratic Party's Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday (30/10/14).

Also screened yesterday was the son of Nigeria’s late Prime Minister, Dr. Abdul Jelil Tafawa Balewa.

President Jonathan, who arrived the Wadata Plaza, National Secretariat of the party, went to the National Working Committee, NWC, hall at 3.15p.m., where he was screened for one hour and came down at 4.15p.m.

Soon after he left, Dr. Balewa came for similar screening.

Though wife of late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola, Akasoba Duke-Abiola paid for the form, she was said not to have collected it and did not appear before the screening Panel.

Meanwhile, after Dr. Balewa had spent 90 minutes with the screening committee, he came out and declared: “I have decided to withdraw my aspiration for the strength and well being of the party.

“I hope to see you all some other time. I am a strong PDP member.”

Balewa, who arrived the secretariat at about 4:32p.m., spent about two hours waiting at the reception before he was ushered into the screening hall.

Chairman of the screening committee and former National Chairman of PDP, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, who had earlier announced Balewa’s decision to withdraw from the race, hailed the aspirant’s decision.

Ali said: “After going through 90 minutes that the screening exercise lasted, he came to the conclusion that he wanted to withdraw from the race.

“He has promised to do everything to ensure the success of the party at the poll. We commend him for the decision, although he chose to go through the entire process of screening before deciding to withdraw.”

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, told newsmen that the leadership of the party would get the result of the exercise in the next 24 hours.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/2015-pdp-screens-jonathan-tafawa-balewa/#sthash.V9OdnBU7.dpuf

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum