Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Lazarus Chakwera gets sworn in as president of Malawi

Lazarus Chakwera and Saulos Chilima, have been sworn in as president and vice president of Malawi respectively following their victory of Tuesday’s elections.

The ceremony took place in Lilongwe and had thousands of witnesses gathered as Chief Justice Andrew Nyirenda administered the oath to the newly elected leaders.

In his inaugural speech, the president gave an expression of unity promising to be president for all the people of Malawi whether they voted for him or not.

“I know there are many of you who did not vote for me and the prospect of my presidency gives you fear, I want you to know that my administration will strive to give equal opportunities for all of us together.”

Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) late Saturday made the announcement and declared opposition alliance leader Lazarus Chakwera as the winner of Tuesday’s presidential re-run election.

The stats of the election had Chakwera, laeder of the Tonse Allaince gain 2,604,043 votes, which is 58.5 percent of the total votes cast.

The incumbent, Peter Mutharika came in at second place with 1,751,877 votes. And at third place was Peter Kuwani with a total of managed 33,456 votes.

FULL NEWS: https://fojusi.com/lazarus-chakwera-gets-sworn-in-as-president-of-malawi/

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum