Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Joy Nunieh accuses Akpabio of hijacking NDDC forensic audit

The former Managing Director of the NDDC Joy Nunieh had accused the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Mr. Godswill Akpabio of hijacking the forensic audit of the NDDC that was set up by president Buhari.

The former MD who was summoned by the House of Representatives investigation panel on NDDC matters said that the minister breached several protocols of the audit in his favour.

Nunieh who wasn’t physically present at the hearing but attended via zoom shed some light on the attempted arrest by security forces, she said  “what would have happened would have been that nobody would have known who took me away and only God knows what would have happened.”

“This has been the modus operandi for enemies of the minister and ex-governor of Akwa Ibom State. You saw what happened yesterday, it was all about documents.”

The chairman of the panel inquired about the forensic audit ordered by President Buhari, she responded saying “What I met was not exactly what is going on. Akpabio insisted that he would supervise the forensic audit. I reminded him and showed him the letter that the President had written, that there is no way we could spend the money that was in our budget.”

“In his memo to the President, he requested that the money for the funding of the forensic audit be got from the Service Wide Vote. Mr President, in his wisdom, refused that request and in writing said it should be from NDDC’s appropriation, making NDDC the producing entity.”

She added “When I was there, I was the one who prepared all the documents for the forensic audit and sent in the applications. The first thing was for us to go through the procurement of the lead consultant. Many people have clearly misunderstood the procurement of the lead consultant. Because I did not want any illegality and the forensic audit to be discredited, I ensured – with the help of big consultants – we came up with the terms of reference for these auditors.

FULL NEWS: Joy Nunieh accuses Akpabio of hijacking NDDC forensic audit

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum