Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

20-Year-Old Nigerian Wins Welsh Factor competition

JohnJohn Posts: 465
edited December 2015 in Celebrities | Gossips
20 Year-Old Nigeria’s Suleiman Atta Wins Welsh X Factor

Suleiman Attah, a 20-year-old Nigerian, has won the Welsh version of the X factor with an original song composition that he wrote two hours before the grand finale of the competition.

Attah, who is studying Music Technology at Coleg Llandrillo Music Technology in Wales, won the first prize, beating 21 other finalists at the Welsh factor, Wales' largest talent competition.

Attah, while speaking with LEADERSHIP Weekend expressed joy and appreciation to his family for allowing him, due to his love for music, to abandon his course in medicine to study music in Coleg Liandrillo Music Technology.

"Before I went into music, I was studying medicine in Ghana, because that was what my parents wanted for me, but, I wanted to achieve my dreams in music. I love music so much, because, it inspires me.

"Winning this big competition is like a dream come true for me, even though I never believed I could, but, I did and am glad I did. Two hours to the grand final of the competition, I told myself I needed to be different; I need to be original if I must win this competition. So, there and then, I composed a song titled "Viexen, The Female Folks" and that was the winning song. I never believed it but it was real," he said.

Rekiya Attah, mother to Suleiman, who is also in the entertainment industry, expressed satisfaction that her son is on the verge of making her family proud, saying that though she had always looked forward to seeing her son become a medical doctor, she is happy to see her son's musical dream becoming reality.

"He has always wanted to go into music, but, I refused even though the pressure was high from him, his aunts and uncle. I still insisted he must study medicine, because, he was good in sciences, so I sent him to a school in Ghana where he started studying medicine.

"Then, suddenly he called me from Ghana and said mum, 'you know I love physics so well, but, anytime I am in that physics class, all I am doing is creating beats in my head.' At that point, I realised that I needed to let him follow his dream and passion, instead of insisting he must study medicine."
Source: http://ereporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/2523-20-year-old-nigerian-wins-welsh-x-factor

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum