Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Anger over the mistreatment of a Nigerian diplomat in Indonesia.

ProsperProsper Posts: 1,432
dwukkllix1a9.png

The Nigerian government calls for Indonesian immigration officers caught on camera beating a Nigerian diplomat to be punished. Abdulrahman Ibrahim, a consular official located in Jakarta, was held down in a car by numerous men in a video circulated on social media. "An outrageous act of international delinquency by the Indonesian state," Nigeria said.
It promised to examine its bilateral ties with the Southeast Asian country. One of the officials was seen on camera putting his hand on the diplomat's head and pressing it against a seat. Mr. Ibrahim said, "I can't breathe," in-between shouts of outrage. "My neck, my neck," Mr. Ibrahim said later in the one-minute and 30-second footage. Mr. Ibrahim was apprehended on the streets of Jakarta, Indonesia's capital. The event has sparked outrage in Nigeria, with many claiming that it demonstrates other countries' contempt towards Nigerians. Some are pushing on the Indonesian government to provide a complete explanation. Mr. Ibrahim's abuse was "against international law and the Vienna Conventions governing diplomatic and consular contacts between states," according to a letter from Nigeria's foreign ministry to the Indonesian government. According to the foreign ministry, Indonesia's envoy to Nigeria was called over the incident and apologized on behalf of his country. It also stated that immigration authorities had apologized to Nigeria's envoy to Indonesia. Meanwhile, Nigeria's ambassador in Jakarta has been summoned to return home to provide the government a comprehensive report, and the foreign ministry has stated that negotiations would continue.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum