Hello Guest!

To be a member of this forum, click one of these buttons below!

Contact naijanetwork Nigeria forum for adverts
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum
advertise on naijanetwork forum Nigeria forum

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum

Scam Alert!!! The Story Of How I Got Scammed : A Warning To Nigerians

Dear readers,
I am sharing this story with you because I believe it is of great importance. Although this is very painful for me, I am willing to share this with my fellow Nigerians to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

On the 6th of February 2022, I came across a Facebook post from an account named 'Ememakpan Sea Foods And Palm Oil. The post was an advertisement of various food goods being sold and delivered at reduced prices and it was made on a cooking group that I am a member of.

I called the contact number written on the advert and the phone was answered by a woman, who introduced herself as Amanda Emem Akpan.
I told her that I am want to purchase four 25 litre kegs of palm oil at the stipulated price of ₦16,000 each, I also told her that I live in Abuja and she told me that she would transport the goods to me at an additional price of ₦3,000, putting the total amount at ₦ 67,000.

Before I made the transfer, I told her to send me additional information about herself and her business on WhatsApp, which she responded to by sending me a picture of her CAC certificate (which is fake)of Amanda Palm Oil Ventures, and videos of the palm oil which she sells and she told me that the business was located NO. 5 New Police Barracks Road, Opposite Flower Hotel, Oron, Akwa Ibom. Her face was not included in any of the pictures and videos she sent to me.

She sent me her account number :

Amanda Emem Akpan
Access Bank.

I then made the payment to her, and she promised to send me the receipt, which she never did.

After I made the payment, whenever I tried to call her, her phone would be switched off, I found this odd and decided to conduct a little research on her supposed business.

Immediately I typed her name online, a post came up that a woman had made on the social forum NAIRALAND, claiming that she had been scammed by a woman named Amanda Emem Akpan.
I searched the CAC search Engine for her business name, and I found no business with the name registered there.
It was then that It dawned on me that I had been scammed.

I also came across other posts on Facebook from people claiming she also scammed them, with one woman claiming she was swindled of ₦80,000.
I went to the comments sections of her Facebook account and informed people that she is a fraud who should not be trusted.

The next day I tried to call her and the phone was picked up by a man who began insulting me and threatening me to take down the comments I made on Facebook or he would kill me with juju. I decided to reach her on Facebook to tell her to pay me my money back, this time the person replying not on insulted me, but also informed me that the account I sent the money to is a wallet account and therefore is non- trackable.

Further contact with her proved futile, as she stopped picking my calls.

I also discovered that she has a number of various account on Facebook and Instagram, which she claims to sell different goods on.

They are;
Glory Fish Paradise
Jasmine Seafoods Mart
Glory Market Place
Ocean Treasure Giant
Amanda Palm Oil Ventures
Blessed Seafoods

Her phone numbers are;

I believe that her real name is Joyce Mercy, and I believe that she conducts this scheme with her husband (the man who threatened me with juju).

I ask that you please post this story to warn the public and also to aid in the capture of the criminal Amanda and bring justice to all her victims.

Help me with this, I cannot win this fight alone.

Thank you.

Share Your Thoughts.
Leave Your Comments.

or to comment.

Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum Avertise on Naijanetwork Forum